22 december 2008

And now for the good news....

I want to thank everyone for all of you kind words, after the death of our little kitten, and my bad back. It really helped to ease the pain.

And now for the good news.
For quite a while I've been searching the net for a knitting book. Of course, it's one that's out of print, hard to get, and nowhere to be found...
There are only a few people (in Holland) that I know off, who dó have it. She's one of them. She's also one (not from Holland)
There was also a site that displayed some knitted patterns from the book in question. I emailed with the moderator, she told me she had bought her copy in Germany. Tried to get one, but already sold out.
The moderator mailed me later that she'd heard of a lady that had 3 copies available. She mailed her, but never heared from that woman again...

The thing got a bit obsessive... The more I got zero on request, the more I wanted it!


So, I sat down, started to think about it.
If you sit close to the fire, you'll be quite warm...
After some good searching I found someone in ...Estonia. Her name (on Ravelry) is Rees.
She'd knitted a beautifull Estonian Lace shawl.
I dared to try.
I asked if there would be ANY way that she could search for me in the land of lace knitting.
She would, she did and SHE FOUND!
And, most friendly of all: she bought it for me, send it to me and today I am the proud owner of....
Pitsilised Koekirjad.

It's not the original cover of the well known book, but the patterns (all 211 of them) are all there. Including the charts, the abbreviations and the year of print: 1978!! The most amazing patterns in lace, with nupps, without nupps... I cannot read the language, but a picture says more than a thousand words (or charts...). hahhahaa.

Thank you very much, Rees, for your kind actions to help me in my search. (ravelry-link).
I'm very happy, and will be trying out several of the patterns, hoping to make very original knitted things.

Merry Christmas!

9 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Als iemand het verdient, dan ben jij het wel!!! Oh, wat zullen wij hier gaan genieten...:-)

Tijm zei

Wat geweldig voor je!!
je hebt dit echt verdient, onze Lace Queen!

Knittingand zei

Congratulations! That's one of my very favourite stitch books :)

Angelique den Brok zei

Oh wat een geweldig cadeau zo voor de feestdagen en wat kan internet toch een leuk medium zijn! Ik wens je vele lees en breiuren met dit boek!

Anoniem zei

Ik ken dat, dat obsessive gevoekl dat iets echt moet en de frustratie als het dan niet lukt. Fijn dat je het boek hebt gevonden. Het ziet eruit als een echt MoniqueBoek.

Anoniem zei

wat is internet toch geweldig: breisters vormen volgens mij 1 van de grootste netwerken!
En voor jou natuurlijk ook een fijne kerst en een geweldig nieuwjaar!

lheurebleue zei

dat is dan goed nieuws. leve internet!
en jij kan met een prettig gevoel de feestdagen in ...

Anoniem zei

Wat geweldig! Gefeliciteerd met dit prachtige boek.

Jacoba zei

Hee, beetje later rectei want ik zie je bliog hier voor het eerst fijn dat je hem hebt! Ik heb de originele ook thuis, na tijden zoeken van een vriendin gekregen die het opspoorde via Marktplaats. Heb ook een digitale versie. Vraag me niet hoe ik daar aan kom, ook weer van iemand gekregen.
Erg handig, want van een afdrukje werken houdt het boek mooi intact! en ik zet de digitale chart op mijn i-pone en gebruik dat als patroon.