- My husband got a new job as a truckdriver; going abroad a lot. My kids are coping with that very well, I love them to death.
- I quit my business of garden design; no clients mean no income, no income means no advertising, no advertising brings zero clients. Hence the shut down. I was quite sad, but learned a lot.
- I got a tenyear (vastcontract) on my new job: mailman (TNT) for 6 hours a week. I'm very happy, that leaves kids-time, hub-time, knit-time and yes, even cleaning-time.
- Our pedigree-cat got lost. Probably an angry neighbour let him disappear so his cat could retire peacefully. We are on no-speaking terms now.
- We found a little cute kitten that brightend our entire fall and winter. Unfortunately she got hit by a car and died. That hit us hard.
- On average I've knitted 1 shawl a month this year.
- Ravelry cost me a LOT of sleep, in a good way. Man, I'm addicted. So many good friends, lovely patterns, to-die-for-yarns, and so many forums: thanks Casey and Frecklegirl.
- I started a new business, very small: Kantwerk.nl ; knitting on commission. First project is on the needles. (thanks). No website yet, that's under construction.
- On the Craftsfair / Stitch'n'Bitch in Rotterdam my hubby found a goodiebag with lóts of goodies; laceweight, stitchmarkers, aranweight and lots more. Thanks Yvon and Ballee.
- Last week I won a knitted rose. I love flowers and she gave some beautiful red roses away; I was so lucky to win one. Thank you Mariella.
- Today... I won a price. I don't know what yet, it's a surprise. Thank you, Karen.
- I was overwhelmed by Liina, how she helped me to find what I was looking for to keep me busy all of 2009 and years to come. Thanks Liina.
I'm so happy that the two things I like (knitting and internet) can bring SO many people together. I feel right at home.
Thanks for everything.
Love and kisses for 2009
That pretty girl on top is having her 6th birthday on 31-12-08! She's our youngest.