15 juli 2013

Aith


Al héél lang geleden is deze bijna onzichtbare shawl gebreid. Ik ben er ook erg lang mee bezig geweest om het allemaal op te schrijven en te breien... Maar aantekeningen maken nog geen patroon...


A lóng time ago, I've been knitting this almost invisible shawl. It took me a long time too to write it all down and knitting it. But pattern notes do not make a pattern...


In een van de nieuwsbrieven had ik al gemeld dat ik er mee bezig was, maar dat er telkens wat tussen kwam... Nu is het dan eindelijk afgekomen. En met anderhalve zonnestraal vanmiddag gauw nieuwe foto's gemaakt.


In one of my newsletters I mentioned I've been working on it and it got sidetracked due to other activities. Finally it all came together. And with some rare sunrays in this cold summer I managed to take some new pictures.



Aith. (formerly known as Shetland Sunset)

This shawl was knit before I even thought of going to Shetland. The yarn is so delicate and soft, I had to pay attention while knitting it. When the shawl was done, I decided I had to go to Shetland and see it (the island and 
the lace) for myself. I went October 2012. 
Aith is very small village on the island of Shetland. 
When I was there, I was merely passing on my way from Voe. I was struck by the remoteness of the location and the fact it was the only place where I saw birds and heard them singing. I stopped the car and listened to it. 
Back home, I realized I should have gone out of the car and experience the beauty surrounding me.
This shawl and Aith have something in common; if you don’t pay attention, you might miss it’s beauty.

Pattern: Aith
Design: MoniqueB working from pictures
Yarn: The Gossamer Web "Vorpal Bunny Ranch" 1000m (1250m/50gr) Tequila Sunrise
Needle: 2,5mm or US 1,5
Size: 66 cm x 170 cm./ 25"x 67"
(click on the pictures to zoom in!)

5 opmerkingen:

Laura Ivonne Servetti zei

Oh !! Wonderful !!! A very nice treasure !! Congratulations !! Have a nice week, from Italy

Wilma zei

Hoi Monique,
De sjaal is prachtig!!!!
groetjes Wilma

KnutzEls zei

Prachtig, als een zomerbriesje

Hannah zei

Prachtig!!

Jeannette zei

Schitterend mooi weer...
(in mijn ogen als een zusje van de Shetland Sweetheart)